Features & Benefits
Help address the negative effects of free radicals and support a strong immune system
Backed by Six Years of Research
Involving 8,768 individual tests and 7,576 feeding trials
Blend of Vegetable Oils
Provide essential fatty acids for shine & bloom
Designed to be fed with hay or pasture
Highly Digestible Fibers
Provide fermentable fiber to the hindgut as a slow-release energy source with very little to no insulin response
Low Starch & Sugar
With no molasses or grain - guaranteed maximum of 11%
Proprietary Blend of Amino Acids
Help maintain muscle tone
Vitamin & Mineral Fortification
Provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals when fed as directed
Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition–2007” published by the National Research Council
With data published in the Journal of Equine Veterinary Science
||||Horse Body Weight in Pounds|
|Performance - Light Work **||5.0||6.0||7.5||9.0||10.0||11.0||12.0||12.0||12.0||12.0|
|Pregnant Mares (1-8 months)||3.0||4.0||5.0||6.0||7.0||7.0||7.0||7.0||7.0||7.0|
|Pregnant Mares (Last 90 days)||4.0||5.5||7.0||8.5||10.0||10.5||11.0||11.0||11.0||11.0|
|Lactating Mares (1.5lbs of hay per 100lbs of Body Weight) ***||4.0||6.0||8.0||10.0||12.0||12.0||12.0||12.0||12.0||12.0|
*See feed bag for more details
These recommendations are a starting point that may need to be adjusted up or down to accommodate different horses’ metabolisms, management practices, and forage quality and quantity. For further information regarding the use of this product.
For horses sensitive to dietary carbohydrates, please consult with a veterinarian or nutritionist for a recommended diet.
- Feed at regular times.
- Divide total daily feeding into at least two servings with three to four daily servings preferred.
- Do not feed over 0.6 pounds per 100 pounds body weight of WellSolve L/S® horse feed diet in one serving.
- Do not feed free-choice.
- Feed horse in a natural position from troughs placed at normal head height or lower.
- Always feed a minimum of 1 to 1.5 pounds per 100 pounds body weight of good quality, clean hay or equivalent pasture.
- Provide salt and plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites.
- Be sure that horses are free of dental problems.
- Horses in intense work should be fed a diet designed for horses with higher caloric requirements such as Ultium® Competition horse formula or Strategy® GX horse feed.
- This product is not recommended for young growing horses, under 2 years of age.
- A product such as Ultium® Growth horse formula, Omolene #300® or Strategy® GX horse feeds should be creep fed separately to foals of lactating mares being fed a WellSolve L/S® horse feed diet.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse.